Monday, December 20, 2010

Will The Magic Still Works?




There has been a drastic change for my favorite basketball team, Orlando Magic last weekend. Four key players are traded to other teams. After they had proven themselves for the past 2 years for being a team that will bring championship to their homecourt, some internal issues came up and believed there are some personal reasons why the team is not making magic for the last 7 games they had. After that stomach virus that hit the team in Chicago, although they won the game against Chicago despite Howard, Nelson, Redick, Pietrus,and Anderson was out, they were able to win it and proved that the bench players can do it! But even then, the team's chemistry, for some reason, fell apart. Was it the virus? Is there some ego tripping going on? Who knows, but there's definitely something's going wrong. Otis Smith, the general manager is in a bad position for making this abrupt change.
And so, last Saturday, he traded Rashard Lewis(my favorite Sweet Lew!) to Wizards's Gilbert Arenas and will play as back-up for Jameer Nelson as point guard. Then, they got Jason Richardson,Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark from Phoenix Suns to trade Vince Carter, Mikael Pietrus and Marcin Gortat. I have seen Jason play and he's pretty good, Hedo is always been Hedo. But he never played good since he left Magic last year. I dunno about Clark, I know nothing about him. This change that Magic does is pretty scary for me. Well, I don't play basketball, I am just merely a fan of the game and I know little. But I wish this change they made will make the people of Florida proud. Though we have the big 3 down south(Miami Heat), I don't particularly like Lebron, so I don't care much about that team. I wrote this blog because I want to express my sadness. I love Rashard Lewis, I love Vince Carter and I like Mikael Pietrus a lot! But I agree that I noticed that sweet Lew's not doing great lately. I still believe in Vince, but it seems like he's not the "go-to" guy that they need. Mikael is hurt all the time and lacks aggression in driving the basket. Rashard and Vince is both 33 yrs old now and i guess age has to do with it. I think they were passed their prime. I feel sorry for Vince. He was so happy that he plays for Magic this past season because he was born and grew up here in Daytona. He was supposed to be the hometown hero! He had done a lot of community service for this city and even built a nice restaurant recently. I dunno...I hate to see them go. There's a game tonight in Atlanta against the Hawks. I don't know if it's even worth watching. But I will...out of curiosity. I wish them all the best.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Hey ok lang ako dto pa din ako sa states..:D California.. kmusta na ikaw dyan?? LAkers pa din:D

innerspace said...

hehe...Congrats to Lakers! Do you get to see their games? That would be awesome! San ka sa CA? Nurse ba job mo? More power and Jah bless! Keep in touch, nutribun! :oP