Friday, November 13, 2009

The Reunion






Again, another late posting. It's because I have to do a lot of digging from the "old chest" first before I decided to write this. Last August 31st, a childhood friend of mine named Erlie came to visit America for only a "week". She's now based in Stockholm, Sweden and working as a Marketing Manager in Ericsson. After about a brief stay here in Florida,we flew to New Jersey, where another old pal is waiting. And that's Nelly. And this is something special for us three. We haven't seen each other for 8 years. Specially with Nelly. She's been here in US for 10 years now i think.
So like every girls do, we did a lot of catching up. Never in our wildest dreams that we will meet here in America. Never in our wildest dreams that we'd get to see the Statue of Liberty (we only see it in the movies). And we never even thought that the statue is actually "green". Get to see Washington Monument, Capitol bldg. The White House, Lincoln Memorial and all that! Plus the disappointing reality of New York! Makati and Ortigas is nicer, i should say.
But the highlight of the tour....and a dream come true for us is...the Watchtower Headquarters tour. It is every member of Jehovah's Witnesses's DREAM to go there. Getting to visit the 3 buildings located in New York, one in Brooklyn and two in the upstate NY, which is beautiful...Wallkill and Patterson. It's truly an amazing experience. A real wonderful experience to share with our loved ones and friends back home. And that's what I am excited about. In a few weeks from now, Me and Erlie are going back to Manila, our hometown in the Philippines. Me and my husband Steve had a privilege of taking a vacation with a good friend. So, the anticipation of sharing my experiences here in US to my family is exciting. Though I have mixed emotions because my mother won't be there. It makes me really sad. Just thinking about it makes me emotional. I don't know what my reactions will be seeing her in "urn".
Anyways, let's go back to our reunion. I had dug up some "young" photos of me, Nelly and Erlie here. Plus the latest ones. Hoping we'd have another reunion soon....one week is simply not enough. We'd like to thank Nelly's husband Craig for driving us around and for putting up with us, ha! The girls never seem to get tired. Despite the whole day full of activities, we'd still do karaoke at night and rock their house down, and sleep till the wee hours in the morning! Well, sorry Craig, 8 years is a lot to make up for only a week!
Well, enjoy the photos....:O) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: